Brunner Sanden Deitrick Funeral Home & Cremation Center is a proud member of the Veterans Memorial Project. The Veterans Memorial Project (VMP) seeks to educate, inform and advise military service members of the burial benefits for which they are eligible. The VMP supports funeral homes across the United States to verify that correct information is being disseminated to veterans and their families so that they may realize the full benefits available from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Members of the Veterans Memorial Project make available a Funeral and Memorial Planning Guide to military service members and their families at no charge. The guide serves as a complete record of final wishes, vital statistics, record of accounts and more critical information required to be available upon a person’s passing.
Request your Funeral and Memorial Planning Guide here.
Your information was submitted successfullyThank you for taking the time to complete this form.
We are Proud to Honor Those Who Served
We are known for our compassionate, caring and thoroughly professional staff, and have years of experience in planning military services. Without a doubt, our professional staff feels pride when we are able to care for a veteran and their family. It is our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country.
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. Brunner Sanden Deitrick Funeral Home & Cremation Center can:
- Complete applications for all veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Confirm and coordinate any existing paid pre-plan funding benefits which may cover any expenses deemed ineligible by the Veterans Administration
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
- Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries
You will receive:
- The professional services of Funeral Director and support staff
- Transfer of the deceased and professional care
- Cremation and/or burial services
- Use of our mortuary facilities and staff for a visitation or gathering
- A funeral or memorial ceremony
- Use of automotive equipment
- Online interactive memorial website
- Additional personalization options
To learn more about the benefits for which you or your loved one is eligible, give us a call. We will be honored to speak with you.
Who is Eligible?
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans' burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, or that of a family member, call us at (440) 255-3401. If you have any questions about your eligibility or that of a family member, contact the staff or send us an email using our contact form below.